Porcelain Veneers in Little Rock
Achieve The Smile Of Your Dreams
As a cosmetic dentist in Little Rock, AR, Harris, Reynolds & Cason Family Dental has an expert-led team and state-of-the-art equipment to help create your perfect smile with veneers.
Learn How Veneers Can Completely Transform Your Smile
A confident smile can change everything. If you have ever wondered how some people have achieved such perfect smiles, the answer is often veneers. When done properly, they offer a natural-looking and discreet transformation, hiding imperfections in just one or two appointments! So, if you’re in need of an enhanced smile fast or simply wish to avoid the hassle of orthodontics, teeth whitening, and other cosmetic treatments, it may be a good idea to consider getting veneers in Little Rock, AR.
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are customized thin porcelain shells that are fitted over and bonded to the natural tooth. They are used to address aesthetics around color, shape, gaps, and sometimes even alignment. If your teeth are stained or misshapen, broken, or gapped, veneers in Little Rock may be an excellent option to offer you a customized and flawless smile.
What Are the Benefits of Veneers?
When circumstances such as injury, gum disease or age-related wear take a toll on your smile, we’re here to help you get back to looking and feeling your best.
- Porcelain veneers match the appearance of natural teeth very closely
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant
- Because they are bonded to your natural teeth, veneers are semi-permanent
- Veneers last between 7 to 20 years, often depending on how well they are taken care of
- Veneers are made by hand, so regarding the shape and color, you can customize how they look completely
- Your oral care will not change with veneers; you can treat them just as you would your natural teeth (brushing and flossing twice daily)
- Veneers offer the chance of a complete and dramatic smile makeover in a short amount of time
Who Are Veneers For?
Veneers are suitable for a wide range of individuals seeking cosmetic dental improvements. They are particularly beneficial for those who want to address specific aesthetic concerns with their teeth. Here are some common scenarios where veneers are an ideal choice:
- Discolored Teeth: Veneers are perfect for individuals with teeth that have severe stains or discoloration that cannot be resolved with whitening treatments. This includes stains from medications, excessive fluoride, large resin fillings, or other causes.
- Worn Down Teeth: People with teeth that are worn down due to grinding (bruxism), aging, or other factors can benefit from veneers. They help in restoring the original appearance of the teeth.
- Chipped or Broken Teeth: Veneers provide a great solution for repairing and improving the appearance of teeth that are chipped or broken.
- Misaligned or Irregularly Shaped Teeth: For those with minor misalignment, gaps, or teeth that are uneven or irregularly shaped (for example, due to craters or bulges), veneers can be an effective cosmetic treatment.
- Gaps Between Teeth: Veneers can be used to close small gaps between teeth, offering a quicker and less invasive alternative to orthodontic treatments.
It’s important to note that candidates for veneers should generally have healthy teeth and gums. Conditions like gum disease, severe tooth decay, or the need for large dental restorations may need to be addressed before considering veneers.
Veneers are also a commitment to a permanent change in your teeth. The process usually involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel to accommodate the veneer, making it an irreversible procedure. Therefore, it’s crucial for individuals considering veneers to have a thorough consultation with our cosmetic dentists to ensure this is the right choice for their dental health and aesthetic goals.
Getting Veneers With Harris, Reynolds & Cason Family Dental
The first step here at our dentist in Little Rock is to create an impression of your teeth. We do this to obtain what we will need to shape and size your custom porcelain veneers. Next, we prepare your teeth by removing a small amount of the natural tooth so that the veneer will fit seamlessly. Finally, we bond the custom-made veneer to your natural teeth using resin cement.
Your veneer procedure will take place over a couple of visits to our Little Rock cosmetic dentists. The visits will be broken up around preparing your teeth and then bonding the custom veneers. It typically takes a couple of weeks for the full process, as some of the time is dependent upon the completion and receiving of the custom veneers.
While veneers are a popular and successful cosmetic dental treatment, with any dental procedure, it is normal to have questions and concerns. In this section, we will address some of the frequently asked questions about veneers.
1. What are veneers?
Veneers are thin shells made of porcelain or composite resin that are bonded to the front surface of your teeth. They are used to improve the appearance of teeth that are discolored, chipped, or misaligned.
2. How long do veneers last?
Veneers can last for 10-15 years with proper care and maintenance. However, their lifespan may vary depending on factors such as oral hygiene habits and habits like teeth grinding.
3. Will getting veneers hurt?
The process of getting veneers does not usually cause pain as it is a minimally invasive procedure. Some patients may experience slight discomfort during the preparation stage when a small amount of enamel is removed from the tooth’s surface.
4. Can anyone get veneers?
Most people are eligible for veneers; however, there may be certain cases where they may not be recommended, such as if you have severe gum disease or severely misaligned teeth.
5. How long does it take to get veneers?
The entire process of getting veneers typically takes two to three visits to the dentist over the course of several weeks.
6. Are there any alternatives to veneers?
Yes, there are alternatives to veneers such as dental bonding and orthodontic treatments like braces or Invisalign. Your dentist will recommend the best option for your specific case.
7. Do I need special care for my veneers?
You should treat your veneered teeth just like natural teeth by brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and visiting your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings.
8. Can I still eat and drink normally with veneers?
Yes, you can continue to eat and drink as you normally would with veneers. However, it is recommended to avoid biting hard foods or using your teeth to open packages to prevent damage.
9. Will my veneers stain?
Veneers are resistant to staining; however, it is still important to practice good oral hygiene and avoid consuming too many foods and drinks that can stain teeth like coffee, tea, and red wine.
10. How much do veneers cost?
The cost of veneers varies depending on the number of teeth being treated and the type of material used. It is best to consult with our dentist for an accurate estimate.
Have more questions about our veneers in Little Rock? We’ve got answers! Visit our Veneers FAQ page to learn more.
Start the Journey to Your Dream Smile With Veneers in Little Rock, AR
Let’s start your journey to veneers in Little Rock! To schedule your veneers’ appointment, you can call our office at 501-455-6100 or click here to schedule your appointment online. Our patient advocate will be able to answer any questions you may have and schedule your visit. We look forward to meeting you!