Full & Partial Dentures in Little Rock, AR
Get Your Smile Back
Get your smile back with full or partial dentures in Little Rock, AR. Dentures are an affordable and reliable option for those missing some or all of their teeth. Here at Harris and Reynolds Family Dental, we are dedicated to you and your smile. We fit customized dentures that are best suited for your individual needs.
Revitalize Your Smile With Full & Partial Dentures in Little Rock
Technology has progressed immensely over the last decade, allowing us to design natural-looking dentures that provide chewing ability, strengthened facial muscles, and improved speech. Most importantly, dentures will improve your oral health and your mental health by boosting your self-esteem. Dr. Harris, Dr. Reynolds or Dr. Cason will work with you to determine the best treatment for your specific needs.
A partial denture is best for those who have a few teeth missing in different locations in the mouth. The partial denture consists of a gum-colored plastic base to appear natural, with a wireframe supporting the denture and keeping it in place.
In the case that you have suffered from the loss of all of your teeth, then a full denture will be a good option for you. With full dentures, any leftover teeth are extracted. The gums are then cleaned and left to heal before we fit you with the full denture.
What Are The Benefits of Dentures?
Did you know that there are over 40 million denture wearers in the United States? You are not alone. Deciding to get dentures or to improve on your existing dentures can significantly impact your life.
Some of the benefits of dentures include:
- Dentures increase your self-esteem.
- Dentures provide support to strengthen your facial muscles.
- Dentures can improve your speech.
- Dentures allow you to eat food you wouldn’t usually be able to eat without teeth.
- Modern dentures are designed to be functional and comfortable.
- Most dental insurance benefit plans cover some or all of the cost of dentures.
Who is a Good Candidate?
Dentures are a suitable option for individuals who have experienced tooth loss or are missing multiple teeth. Good candidates for dentures include those who have lost all or most of their natural teeth due to age, decay, gum disease, or other oral health issues.
Additionally, individuals with compromised oral health who are unable to undergo dental implant surgery may find dentures to be a beneficial solution.
It is important for candidates to have healthy gums and adequate bone structure to support the dentures.
A consultation with our skilled team at Harris, Reynolds & Cason Family Dental in Little Rock, AR will help determine if dentures are the right choice for restoring their smile and improving their overall oral health.
The Preparation & Fitting Process
The process of preparing and fitting dentures involves the following steps at Harris, Reynolds & Cason Family Dental in Little Rock, AR:
1. Initial Consultation: The journey begins with a comprehensive oral examination with one of our skilled Little Rock dentists to assess the patient’s oral health and determine their suitability for dentures.
2. Impressions and Bite Registration: Impressions of the gums and oral tissues are taken to create custom dentures that precisely fit the patient’s mouth. Additionally, bite registration is recorded to ensure proper alignment and balance.
3. Trial Fittings: Temporary dentures are provided to allow patients to evaluate the fit, function, and aesthetics. This step allows our dentists in Little Rock to make adjustments and refinements based on patient feedback, ensuring optimal comfort and appearance.
4. Final Denture Placement: Once the custom-made dentures are ready, they are carefully delivered and placed in the patient’s mouth. Dr Reynolds, Dr. Harris or Dr. Cason provides instructions on how to care for and maintain the dentures.
5. Follow-up Appointments: Regular dental check-ups and adjustments are scheduled to ensure long-term comfort and satisfaction with the dentures. These visits also serve to address any concerns or make necessary modifications.
Throughout each step, the experienced team at Harris, Reynolds & Cason Family Dental pays meticulous attention to detail, guaranteeing that the dentures provide a durable, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing solution for patients seeking to restore their smiles.
Q: What are dentures?
A: Dentures are removable replacements for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. They are made to resemble natural teeth and improve the appearance and functionality of the mouth.
Q: Who needs dentures?
A: Dentures may be necessary for those who have lost some or all of their teeth due to decay, injury, or other reasons. They are also commonly used for elderly individuals who have lost their teeth as they age.
Q: What types of dentures do you offer?
A: We offer both full and partial dentures. Full dentures are used when all teeth are missing, while partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain.
Q: How long does it take to get dentures?
A: The process of getting dentures can vary depending on the individual’s needs. In general, it takes a few weeks or a couple of months from the initial consultation to having fully functional dentures. This time allows for measurements, impressions, and adjustments to be made.
Q: Are there any alternatives to traditional dentures?
A: Yes, there are alternatives, such as dental implants or bridges. We recommend consulting with our skilled dentist in Little Rock, AR, to determine which option is best for your specific case.
Q: How should I care for my dentures?
A: Proper care and maintenance of your dentures is essential for their longevity and your oral health. You should clean them daily with a soft-bristled brush and soak them overnight with a recommended solution. It is also crucial to visit our dental office regularly for check-ups and adjustments if needed.
Q: Will my speech be affected by dentures?
A: It may take some time to adjust to speaking with new dentures; however, speech typically improves over time. With practice, most people are able to speak clearly and confidently with their dentures.
Q: How often will I need to replace my dentures?
A: With proper care, dentures can last for several years. Over time, the shape of the mouth may change, requiring adjustments or a new set of dentures. Our dental team will help you maintain your dentures and determine when it is time for a replacement.
Q: Can I eat normally with dentures?
A: Dentures may take some getting used to, but most patients are able to eat a wide variety of foods once they have adjusted to their new teeth. It is important to start with soft foods and gradually add in harder or stickier items as you become more comfortable.
Alternatives to Dentures
While dentures are a popular and effective option for replacing missing teeth, there are alternative treatments available for individuals seeking alternatives.
- Dental implants offer a long-term solution by surgically placing artificial tooth roots into the jawbone and attaching custom-made crowns or bridges. Not only do dental implants provide excellent stability and functionality, but they also look and feel like natural teeth.
- Another alternative is dental bridges, which involve using adjacent healthy teeth as support for a prosthetic tooth. This option is beneficial for those who have one or a few missing teeth and prefer a fixed restoration.
- Advancements in cosmetic dentistry have made it possible to use dental veneers to improve the appearance of individual teeth while maintaining their natural structure.
Call Us Today to Learn More About Dentures in Little Rock, AR
Whether you have a few teeth missing in different locations of your mouth or need a complete smile restoration, our Little Rock dental office will help you achieve a healthy smile. Call us today to schedule an appointment.